Monday, March 9, 2009

After the storm...
Hi! It's Monday after the big Spring/9th Anniversary Open House and I can't pass up this opportunity to express my gratitude to all of you that attended the festivities and those who were here in spirit, but just couldn't make it to Cambria for the weekend! What a beautiful weekend it was...sunny (but a little chilly!) and, of course, I served a cold punch when a hot beverage would have been so much better! Now, last Fall for the Holiday Open House I served hot cider and lemonade would have been perfect! Guess I just can't seem to win on this choice, but our friend Virginia was just around the corner at Lily's with all kinds of teas and coffee drinks for those that needed a warm up from the inside out!

Someone asked me what were my favorite things in the store right now and that was a tough one! I love the yo yo quilt made of tiny handsewn yo yos lovingly created in the 30's-40's and the little chair with a patent date of 1878...so adorable and so beautifully made! (Sorry--didn't get a photo of it before it sold.) Spring is just such a happy time of year to me, and I love the flowers, pastel colors, the fuzzy chicks and bunnies...and there is just something about old molds...butter molds, cake molds, chocolate molds, cookie cutters...and if they have been used, that's even better! If you get a minute, check out the website for the latest photos...they should be posted sometime this week. It's http://www.2birdsofafeather.com/ .

As the season rolls along I plan to add a seaside display, an Oriental display, more natural history, summer TAFFY (no, it's not antique!) and more garden items. Somewhere along in there will be a big Patriotic influence and some great old toys in mid April.I'm going to try to add a couple of photos to this blog addition and, oh, MORE RIBBON...on the way and an amazing new series of bird ribbon from France...yippee!

Hope your week is an adventure and brings you joy and laughter and love!
Bonnie

11:24:00 AM
by Birds of a Feather

1 comment:

  1. OOO, bird ribbon from France - I'll be in for that!
    Erin in Morro Bay

    ReplyDelete