Friday, April 10, 2009


Now this is a funny shot! What is it about me and wheelbarrows? I unpacked one box from Alameda and what an assortment! A lovely old bisque doll (only her feet are showing!), a sterling handled ink blotter, a toy lawnmower, sand pails, a vase, and wheelbarrows!! I am preparing displays for the Barn Show in Nipomo on April 25th and, of course, new after Easter displays for the shop. Found some more wonderful old toys, great old books, lovely old linens (yes--I'll have lines out again soon--as soon as I spend a day or three ironing!) and some other garden items. Also found some wonderful old French baskets with French labels still intact. Yummy! Oh, and a darling OLD French tricycle...so cute! Would love to take a busload of you with me to Alameda...maybe some day we can do that.

5 comments:

  1. Please put my name on the "bus list" to Alameda! Those wheelbarrows are delightful.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie! I want to be added to that bus list!!wouldn't that be fun a group from Cambria going to the Alameda show! Its fabulous..I used to go when I lived in the Bay Area! hey you had a wonderful estate sale this weekend.. Love my HUGE purple hutch I bought ( already primed to be painted) and the big Shuttered door which will become a shelf for my art supplies..I will post pictures once I am done with it so you can see! stop by my blog and see some of my things..you may see stuff from your shop there! see ya around, Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Bonnie :)
    My 6-year-old daughter Claire and I were in your store this past week, and then I came back the next day on my own. We get up to Cambria once or twice a year from LA, and your stop is always what I'm most excited about. I just wanted to thank you again for making Birds of a Feather such a fun and lovely place to be. :) Hope to see you again at the end of summer. :) Suzanne Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your blog and find it very inspiring....you have some wonderful things. I too know the turmoil of running a store and trying to get everything else done too.....I enjoyed your pictures....wish I was there for some of the sales.....:) xo jana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh MY GOSH! I can not believe that I found you on Jana's Blog. I just got back from a trip to Cambria the first part of Aril. And I am coming out again to re-share the trip with my husband. I would love to meet you! Loved eating at Robin's there in town. And the cinnamon rolls at Linn's!!!!!!! YUMMO!!!!! I even sent my Mom 8 frozen mini pie's from Linn's for Mothers Day. Just wanted to say hello!

    ReplyDelete